About Me

My photo
Arlington, VA, United States
I am a graduate from Marquette University in Milwaukee, WI. I am currently living in the Washington, DC area working a retail position at a sporting goods store called Sport Fair. I love social media and to write about sports. I am a huge Marquette fan but have a passion for sports. I bleed BLUE & GOLD

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Traveling to Our Nation's Capitol

With another win last night, the Men’s Basketball is currently tied with Pitt at #2 in the BIG EAST. We are only a ½ game behind the first place team UConn and have a tough challenge this weekend at Georgetown.


I am originally from Arlington, VA which is located across the Potomac River from Washington, DC. As a result, I always travel to D.C when my school competes against the Hoyas.


My organization is planning for a huge turnout of support from current students and alumni. They are anticipating this support because my school has a program entitled Les Aspin Center which is a program to prepare current students to serve the public effectively and ethically and to provide opportunities to enhance public policy awareness through educational programs. In addition, there is large population of alum’s that live in the DC area. This is why my school reserved Clyde’s, a very popular restaurant bar, adjacent to the Verizon Center.


The Alumni Association and the Blue and Gold Fund deserve credit for planning and creating this event. The event will begin at noon, Feb. 21. Because this is a private event organized by my school, no Hoya fans are welcome!


Also, Friday night my friends and I are planning to go out in Georgetown supporting my school’s colors (blue and gold). Anyone is welcome to join us as we hop around on M street!


We are... _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _!

1 comment:

  1. Thats so cool that you went to DC for the game. You really are the #1 fan by far. Good point about Les Aspin students attending the game, I didn't even think of that!

    ReplyDelete

Marquette Videos

MARQUETTE "PRAY" 2008-2009

Followers